Website The Thos. Somerville Co. Wholesale Distributors of Plumbing & HVAC
Thos. Somerville Co. is long-standing company committed to hiring qualified sales and business development candidates who display ambition, teamwork and a “can-do” attitude. The successful candidate will be driven and enthusiastic in promoting the growth and development of our company.
Thos. Somerville Co. establishes and maintains comprehensive training programs and provides an environment for employees to excel in future advancement within the company.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generates new business/customer relationships
- Lead, develop and maintain current relationships with customers
- Prepare and maintain an efficient schedule for customer sales calls
- Communicate market information to management on a daily basis
- Desire to become educated on our current and existing product lines
- Provide customer-pricing service using quote system and/or order entry list function
- Process orders, including counter, deliveries, special orders and directs shipments
- Process customer returns and credits, conforming to branch/company policy and procedure
- Maintain and follow-up on any inventory sourced or special ordered into the branch
- Communicate inventory issues with manager and/or inventory control
- Work with Credit Department on customer credit amounts and collection issues
- Keep office and work area neat, clean and well organized
- Participate in annual physical inventory
- Attend all appropriate / relevant meetings (sales, branch, safety, product, etc.)
- Maintain a professional appearance, keep office and work area neat and clean
- Must promote and display teamwork
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word and experience using electronic mail.
- Excellent spelling, grammar, written and problem-solving skills
- Display strength in communicating professionally with staff and clients in a courteous, tactful and concise manner
Salary is based upon experience and the results of our interview process and pre-employment requirements.
If you are a passionate, goal-oriented individual, please submit your resume to email@example.com
Thos. Somerville Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity and creating a workplace where all employees’ backgrounds, talents and contributions are valued. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, nation origin, disability or protected veteran status.